Saturday, February 21, 2009

DTV Converter Box


If you haven't heard of the DTV Conversion you probably don't need to worry about it, because you probably don't watch television. But if you do watch television, then you have heard of it. If you have heard of it, then you probably either have cable, HDTV, or the converter box. Orginally planned for February 17, 2009, the date for the mandatory conversions to HDTV digital broadcast has been moved to April 7, 2009. Unfortunately for me, I do not have cable and I don't have a HDTV. I had to resort to the converter box. I didn't have an opinion or any feelings at first when I got the box. It was just a necessary step so that I can watch television. Suprisingly, once I got the box hooked up, I was very happy with the results.


Once the converter box was hooked up to my tv, and the channels were programmed. I found my picture quality to be sooooo much better. Not only is my picture quality better, but I have much more channels than before. There is even a blockbuster movie channel coming soon on channel 5.2. Although there are times when signal fades are the picture gets a little fuzzy because it still uses attennae, I am overall happy with the converter box. I don't exactly remember which one I got, it's was one of the more expsensive ones, but it is well worth it if you don't have cable or a HDTV.


Among the list of channels I received, my favorite is probably the create channel which is on 58.3 and 28.2. The Ion channels is also pretty good, which sometimes aires movies. Ofcourse there are still those times when walk into a store like Costco and see the beautiful High Def televisions and I can't help but wish I had one. I'm sure anyone who has HDTV, which is probably most are happy with their purchase. As for me untill I have enough money to purchase a high quality, big screen HDTV, this converter box will suit me just fine.



No comments: