Saturday, January 24, 2009

Rear Observation System: Making Driving Easier


When I was first learning to drive, backing up was one of my most difficult task. "Don't go to fast! Don't go to slow!" My dad was probably just as scared as I was. While I attempt to manuver my car backwards, he threw criticism after critism, "Keep you eye on the back. But use your side mirrors also." Man...it was tough. Even during my driving test I was knocked off points because I didn't back up correctly. I remember in highschool, one of my classmates got in her first accident. She backed up her car from the driveway, into the street and right into another car. I've had my liscense for nearly 8 years now, and I still have a hard time looking behind me to back up my car.

I mean, it's akward, you have to twist your body, turn your head and strain your eyes to make sure the path is clear, all the while keeping your eyes on the side and rear view mirrors AND the front of your car to make sure you don't hit anything. Fortunately for us, technology has made it easier to back up and driving less hazardous. Audiovox has developed a product called, "Rear Observation System." Although it came out in 2004, I'm sure there are many people out there who have not heard of this item yet. This could be the answer to many people's driving fears and could also be great prevention tool for accidents.

Audiovox has introduce a rear observation system with LCD screens. It allows you to see in clear color images right in front you, while still providing the ability to use your rear view mirror if needed. In a statement by Audiovox, Melvin Clapman of public relationship states, "Rear observation gives the driver peace of mind." It can prevent a situation everyone dreads and hopes to avoid. Leaving the mall, grocery, school, work, backing out our cars and suddenly our lives are disrupted by terrible accident.

Original article

No comments: