Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Motion Activated Lawn Sprinkler


When I was starting to read this article, I was very concerned about the water issue. I mean does it have to be water? I think that's just wasting it if you have pests coming 24/7. The inventor should think about our environment and how much we're wasting water! I know I could be a tree hugger sometimes.. but I found a this gadget on a website. This is the motion-activated animal deterrent that protects your flower beds, garden, and ponds from deer, raccoons, herons, or domesticated animals without using harmful chemicals or requiring unsightly barriers. Using infrared detection technology that is effective day or night, the device activates an integrated sprinkler when a visitor enters its 105° field-of-view, spraying a forceful yet harmless stream of water over a 1,575' sq. area. The sudden noise and movement of the sprinkler frightens the uninvited guest, causing it to scatter while discouraging return visits. The unit stakes into the ground and attaches to a garden hose, while a dial allows for adjusting the motion detector and spray to focus on animals of a particular size, from small cats to deer. Battery lasts four to six months. Requires one 9-volt battery. 25" L x 7.5" W. (1 1/2 lbs.)
I think it's around 60 bucks or so.

Original Article

No comments: