Saturday, January 31, 2009

Projector Screens Great for Big Screen


One time I went over to a friend's house and she was giving me a tour of her family's brand new house. It was quite impressive, two story, nicely decorated, with an impressively landscaped back yard complete with a refreshingly looking pool. But what I remember most clear that day was walking through the glass doors into the family room, where they were watching a movie on a relatively big projector screen. This was a completely new concept to me and I was in awe.

Although I do not yet have a home of my own, I let myself have some fun, and I dream about what type of entertainment system I would like for my own house. While LCDs and Plasmas have the spotlight lately because of the whole TV conversion thing, a home projector system is something you may consider if you're looking for a new type of home theatre system.

On www.wisegeek.com, it states that there are two types of home theatre projectors, film and digital. While film is harder to come by for the consumer, the quality of the picture is better. The digital home projector processes the image through a chip. You will also need something to project the image on, a projector screen. Projector screens range from a sheet you can hang up on your wall to a specialize projector screen. Once you complete your home theatre system, it can be quite expensive, but many would feel the price is worth it. A home theatre system will allow you a theatre-like movie experience in the comfort of your own home.

Original article
picture source

No comments: