Wednesday, December 3, 2008

LifeStraw Water Purifier Turns Cow Poop into Water


I have been searching for something like this! I think this is a great way for people to recycle their waste. I mean, I haven't necessarily taken a sip of the water, but it seems like a great idea. It's another great way of recycling another thing in this world. The video on the website that I found is pretty sick, well not really. but I just viewed a cow pooing green waste. I'm just wondering about all the other effects. I mean it might taste good once you put it down your throat, but goodness! what happens afterwards? I wonder if there are any side effects after drinking it. This is one great survival gadget. I can't wait for them to invent more creative new ideas. You've probably heard about the LifeStraw which lasts up to three years and uses crazy nanotechnology to purify any kind of contaminated water into crystal clear drinking water. To prove that it actually works the UnculturedProject went to Kenya where they took rain water and actual cow manure and ran it through the LifeStraw system, and then drank the filtered water that came out!

After some digging we've discovered that you can't actually purchase either the LifeStraw Personal or LifeStraw Family for yourself, although you can donate one through the LifeStraw website. We humbly suggest that LifeStraw offer their products for sale via the One Laptop Per Child Approach - we know we'd gladly pay for two to add one of these awesome survival gadgets to our arsenal, and have one donated to those who need clean drinking water at the same time.

Original Article

No comments: