Tuesday, November 25, 2008

ZeptoPad 2.0 for iPhones


I thought that this was a another cool gadget that I found for the iPhone. I watched the video of the short clip that they offered, and it seemed pretty cool! Very promising and I can't wait to try it! I just hope that it isn't too expensive! This ZeptoPad is some sort of a Whiteboard that copies on a screen from your iphone with whatever you are drawing! Pretty cool right?

It's just a demo right now, but Ryo Shimizu's ZeptoPad 2.0 whiteboard app looks pretty promising. We already love collaborative drawing apps like Netsketch, but Ryo's whiteboard adds a couple of interesting tweaks—the ability to watch the whiteboard live via a web interface or on what looks like a local client, and then save everything to PDF when you're finished. If collaborators are not limited to being on the same wi-fi network, which is how these apps often work, sign us up. Barring any Apple hold-ups (that's never happened, right?), ZeptoPad should hit the store next weekend.

There could be some downsides consumers were looking at like this comment here: This app definately looks really cool, but in all reality what would you use it for? I like the web interface idea, is it possible to share word and excel files to and not just pictures with multiple people. It seems like it is going in the right direction, but he had made a statement about using it for presentations and I'm still trying to figure out the how I could use it for presentations unless I'm a teacher with multiple students that are sitting in front of computers. Maybe...sorry to be the devils advocate I definately like the app though.


Original Article

No comments: